Keeping your browser current is a good way to keep current with the latest bug and security fixes. This quick and painless update process will get you on your way quickly.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the “…” menu at the top right of the screen
- Choose “Help” > “About Google Chrome”
- Google Chrome will automatically check for and install updates. (If there are no updates available it will tell you “Google Chrome is up to date.”)
- After updating, you will need to click the “Relaunch” button to close and re-open the newly updated Google Chrome
- After Google Chrome starts again, you will see the prompt that “Google Chrome is up to date”
- Now that Google Chrome is up to date, you can close down this tab, or close Google Chrome completely.
- That’s it. You’re now back to your regular start page and ready to use the latest version of Google Chrome.