If you have a wifi network that you’d like to stop connecting to automatically, we need to tell your iPhone to “forget” the network so that it doesn’t connect automatically.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- In the below example, I am connected to the wifi network titled -CPS- … notice that to the right of this is a small blue “i” … tap this “i” to get more info on the wifi network and connection.
- There are several useful pieces of information on this screen. We can turn off the “Auto-join” feature if we’d like so that we would need to connect to this network manually. In this case, we’re going to tap the button at the top that says “Forget This Network”.
- Keep in mind that we can always reconnect to this network and re-enter the password (if required).
- You can use the back arrows at the top left of the screen to go back to the main Settings page and then exit the Settings app entirely when finished.